Sunday, January 03, 2010

In retrospect




So, luckily, the crazyiness and insolence of Christmas and New Years 09/10 is over and gone, leaving us now to return to normal and view the possibilities of 2010 - minus the gel colour filters of alchohol, too much food, drunken tears, late night phone calls and doggy-scaring fireworks.

I spent the countdown in a low, dark park on the edge of town, sitting on a picnic table with my legs pulled up in front, two dogs circling around sniffing and eyeing me suspiciously. Presently the dogs disappeared into the night and as the clock neared twelve, I could hear little parties all around and above me errupting into cheers of congratulations and celebrations, echoing off into the night. It wasn't the worst way to spend New Years.

But as I said before - its all behind again now for another annum, and we can now look ahead with bated breath. What are you hoping for this year? I intend to get closer again to owning my little dream shop - through saving, learning and scrounging. I want to learn as much as possible, read lots of books and spend enormous amounts of time with family. And I want to become nicer, and stop thinking about myself as much. These aren't new year's resolutions, or anything silly like that. These are just courses of action that will get me closer to where I want to be and what I want to be. I hope you have the best year, with even better to come :)

xx OTIG

No comments:

Post a Comment