Friday, January 29, 2010

Melbourne was made for me...

I've just spent one of the best weeks of my life in one of my favourite cities with two of my favourite boys... and haven't we had a blast! We have honestly spent every minute of every day shopping, festival-going, skateboarding, eating, gazing and marvelling. Its been outstanding. And now we're down to our last day; we fly out tomorrow at 3:00pm.

I now own: $100 cash, a credit card bill and the heaviest bag you can imagine - full of new dresses, coats, stockings, scarves, books and magazines, shoes and knick-knacks. I have found some of the coolest things on the planet! Lucky I've two boys to help me carry it home. My poor bag is straining at the seams: I brought way too many things with me to start with - possibly owing to the fact that I was drunk as a skunk when I packed my bags. But that's alright - at least I didn't run out of clothing like the boys. By the end of this week they were lining their t-shirts up on the couch and systematically spraying them over with a deoderant can. I think even turned themselves off. So I acted as Personal Shopper and helped them find some new, bobbin, clean threads to pour themselves into. Must say we ended up with some pretty stylin pieces!

The weather has been purely delicious, despite Tuesday - Big Day Out - hitting the high thirties in the sun. I swear that, when we sat down in the shade, we shivered from the fresh, chilly breeze that wafted through the grounds. It was great. They also had misty sprinklers drifting over the mosh pits, which made them quite pleasant, and almost un-mosh-pitty! Lovely. Flemington Racecourse loved it. They had the BEST food there. I ate: 2 hotdogs (with onion, ketchup and mustard oh my goodness they were amazing), 1 buttered and salted full corn cob, 1 cup of hot chips and an orange. And a FANTA. Its been forever since I drank Fanta.

The bands were full-on fabulous, too. Kasabian rocked, Rise Against kicked arse, Jet smashed it, Lily Allen was delicous, Powderfinger were tops and MUSE absolutley blew the show out of the water. They just finished the day off perfectly and I can't think when I last had a more exciting one. It was smashing. Caught up with my cousin, Jess, and wore my gumboots - Glastonbury style. I got comments!

Anyway, I'm going to find the boys. I just needed to update with all the fabulous details. I wish I could have been on here more this week so I could write down everything that we did, because we had the most insane days. It doesn't get dark until 9:30pm here so you can really pack them full. I'm going to put up a list of my favourite haunts too, so keep your pretty eyes open.

CIAO see you soon.
xx OTIG

Oh! And by the way, I fulfilled tradition and found a skull scarf. This one is my favourite yet! It's grey and has pink, blue, grey, green, black and white skulls peppered all over it. Stella!

I love this place... sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm keen to move to Melbourne in the distant future!

    ReplyDelete