Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Szohr just never fades. I love it when NYLON pops her in, and I'm sad to say this last issue is the first one I've bought for quite a time. They cost a lot in our town, and I'm a woman on a budget! Suffice to say, I got my little surge of joy from this issue on my trip home from holidays.
I am one happy chicken this week. Having just returned from my city of love, Melbourne, I am refreshed and excited at new prospects and hopes for the next 12 months. My plans are these: to have a monster garage sale with some friends in February 2011. Then, when my next lease comes up at the end of April I will be ready to pack what belongings I have left into boxes for an impending move. Said move, as of this last week, is now strongly headed in a determined direction. So I'm feeling a little more purpose filled than usual, because this time I really believe that I can do this, and that it is the right time. Nothing inspires like a little purpose!
Steering away from the norm, I shall give a quick recap of my doings on vacation in bullet point format:
- Saw Powderfinger live, performing their last tour - Sunsets - in Rockhampton on Thursday
- Purchased my dream, life-changing wrap-around dress from Sportsgirl on Friday
- Saw 'Tomorrow When the War Began' with Barb. It was good, didn't disappoint.
- Flew to Brisbane and caught the train right to Bop's 21st venue to help decorate on Saturday
- Partied the night away, danced to a live funk band, made a new friend and got ridiculously drunk in the process of celebrating, rainy
- Recovered on Sunday (and attended a bbq with my second family), rainy
- Flew to Melbourne and caught the bus, then the train straight to my cousins', on Monday
- Went to Chadstone on Tuesday (biggest shopping centre in Australia)
- Saw 'Eat Love Pray' with J and S (also had bad, bad mexican for dinner), rainy
- Met Barb at the bus stop on Wednesday, rainy
- Saw Paramore live (great), supported by Jury and the Saints, and Reliant K (who weren't so great), rainy
- Met up with Mumma on Thursday, trawled Fitzroy for quirks (rainy) and 'did' Chapel St
- Queen Victoria Markets on Friday - Hot Chocolate, Salami, Cheese and fresh Turkish Bread for brunch, RAINY!
- Afternoon in bed trying to kill a bad cold, brought on by all the rain
- Dinner at Grandma Funk's
- Bridge Rd on Saturday following a long brunch at Tweek
- Flew home Saturday afternoon - met by our loving Bfs at the airport (kisses all round)
- Recovered all day Sunday (spent the whole day in bed)
And those, friends, were my holidays. I am still trying to ward off the cold a week on, but it was totally worth it! I had a fabulous time. One of the highlights was Bop's birthday party, god that was a fun night. I got up to all kinds of mischief and danced until my feet couldn't feel anymore. I got two hours sleep.
This trip really kicked off my plans. I want to move to Richmond. It is perfect for me - just on the outskirts of the City with public transport coming out it's ears, and the home to a number of my favourite haunts; Tweek, Grandma Funk's, Bridge Rd, Chapel St and the river. As an added incentive, the Australian Institute of Fitness has a campus literally just down the road from where I hope to live. I have been considering studying with them for about 6 months now, but didn't want to do it via distance ed. Maybe its the solution to my studying dramas.
Bring on the Garage Sale plans! xx OTIG