Friday, November 26, 2010

Offers, YEN inspirations, Good Friends and the Future


THE Siobhan Fahey (as featured in ID magazine circa Summer, 2010 pg 224 - excellent article!)


I'm into my second week of no days off from a job - in other words I work seven days a week - which is supposed to be the plan if I want to save the maximum amount possible before I move interstate. It's not ideal, but I'll get used to it soon. 

I actually got an offer from my best friend last week: to live with her and her boyfriend for a year until around May 2012, when we would all move to Melbs together... but I think I have to decline. It would be an absolute hoot to accept, as most of my friends and cousins live in Brisbane and I know it like the back of my hand; I just feel like I need to move to Melbourne on my own - if just for the character building that would take place. Nothing like moving to a new city, far away, all by your lonesome, to bring out the real You! I can't deny that there is a little part of me inside that is super excited about the challenges I'm going to encounter and overcome, even though I know its not going to be easy.

So I got the festival issue of YEN the other day, before my shift in the bottle-shop. I scored 2 YENs for the price of 1! Rad. I was very happy and they lasted me my whole shift, plus more. Good issues, those ones. I read a LOT of text during my drive-through shifts.

One of the guys at work today cut a little bit of his finger off and it made me feel more sick than he did. On pay day (Monday), I had enough money left over to do a rather spectacular shop, and bought plenty of nice things like bagels, bananas, Nutella, bacon, cream cheese, shampoo and conditioner and some delicious smelling shower wash. 

Oh! I've been researching glam rocker Siobhan Fahey, of Shakespeares Sister, who was hugely influential in the 70's punk movement. Talk about inspiring... Shakespeares Sister official website - check her out, she's still kicking on today! Her sound is intriguing - really dark and misty with a crack beat. I'm downloading as I speak... you may have heard their latest single 'Stay'? Fahey now has her own record label, SF Records and is releasing their latest album, From the Red Room, shortly.

Otherwise, I've just been working my butt off, blogging my butt off (and enjoying myself immensely in that regard - have you checked out my new blog?), and sleeping and drinking as much water as I can to keep myself fuelled up and on the road! 

Check in and leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. Must trot back to work now xx B

No comments:

Post a Comment