Tuesday, December 14, 2010

There's a Mouse in the House!


The following is an exerpt taken from Beauty.Glam.com, comparing the glam to the BOHO. For me, boho wins. I've never been able to pull off the high-maintenance nature of glam... no matter how much my darling best friend primped me. She gave up after high school and left me to my left-of-center ways (whilst loving me just the same). I like my hair messy!

'Here’s how to steal Jessica Szohr’s beautiful boho look, created by celebrity hair stylist Patrick Melville, of Patrick Melville Spa and Salon:



BOHEMIAN HAIR


"Jessica was going for a rock ‘n’ roll look that was part street, part editorial. She wanted me to create a dread lock effect that was edgy, chic, sexy and very Armani Exchange," reflects Patrick Melville.

Melville took half inch sections of Jessica’s hair and twisted them. He then sprayed the sections withL’Oreal Elnett Hairspray. Finally, he hit the pieces with a flat iron, and pressed down the length of the hair to break it up and create a piecy, almost dread lock-like effect.'

So I really like that effect, and I will try it next time I get out... (no mean feat when you work 7 days). I love my hair scruffy and bed-reminiscent; usually I just spray litres of hairspray and scrunch away at the roots.

Another muse of mine at the moment - the delicious Olivia Wilde. I love her outfit for the Escarda Desire Me launch; she looks fabulous and her dress is a similar shape to what I like to wear.



I do love a good shapeless, silky sack (no sarcasm intended), and those shoes are nice too.

On an entirely different and personal note, I kicked my brother out of the house last week, not on uncertain or really bad terms, I was just a bit sick of being the housemaid. Normally my house is kept magazine worthy - I like it to be as neat and clean as a pin... however whenever my dear brother is around, that is apparently impossible. So I sent him off to live with his more understanding friends, and I hear they are living the dream. I, on the other hand, had a pretty good morning beginning a big 'reset' clean. I can't wait for my little house to be back to normal - we can have a lovely couple of last months together before I pack it all up and move to the Big City!

No comments:

Post a Comment